Healing mineral water Vincentka is from Czech SPA Luhacovice
The water was bottled and distributed in the region and visitors started coming to the springs. In 1772 Professor Dr. Hassliniger from Vienna was receiving treatment at Zahorovice and stopped by at Luhacovice only to find out how interesting the local water tasted. He sent several bottles to Vienna to Dr. Crantz. Dr. Crantz recommended the water for healing, confirming that the water was triple the strength of Selter water (a favorite German spa of the time). This had an influence on Count Vincent Serenyi and once again he adapted the springs and had three wooden baths constructed, naming them Vincent, Eliska and the Jewish Spa.
In 1792 a physician from Hradiste, Alois Ferdinand Kiesewetter published a thesis on Luhacovice's healthy water, first in German and then a year later in Czech. The Viennese physician Dr. Spenkuch carried out more than 30 analyses and proved the presence of many rare elements in the water. Already around 1790 bottling facilities were built. The development of the spa was promoted considerably by the owner of the local estate (from 1811 to 1854) Jan Sevenyi. He demolished the no longer usable and outdated wooden baths and built new ones. In 1825 he had a well dug and a bricked in canal bringing the water from a number of springs that were flowing freely. From the well the water was pumped directly into the bath tubs. In 1832 an outstanding chemist and pharmacist Jan Planava from Tovacov carried out further serious analyses of the waters and proved that the greatest concentration of mineral salts was found in the spring Aloiska.
Immediately afterwards the road to this spring was landscaped and an alley of trees was planted. The remoteness of Luhacovice was a real handicap for the less well to do visitors. The opening of the Northern Railway to Uherske Hradiste after 1846 shortened the Journey by post carriages to five hours. The numbers of visitors was growing and the spa did its best to make the stay of the visitors attractive. In 1851 the spa orchestra was formed and the local post office was opened, in 1887 an independent pharmacy was opened. In 1888 the expenses to get to the spa were lowered even further by the opening of the Vlara Railway, which shortened the journey from the nearest train station down to 12 kilometers. In 1905 the railway track was extended all the way to Luhacovice and by then the spa was managed by a company headed by a Brno physician, Frantisek Vesely. He commissioned the erection of new buildings and for that task he called on the Slovak architect Dusan Jurkovic. He cleared the spring Aloiska, he deepened the spring of Antoninka, and he adapted the surroundings of Amandka and Vincentka etc.
With the establishment of the Czechoslovak Republic in 1918 a new phase of spa development came about and in 1936 Luhacovice was granted town status. The physicians Otakar Kutvirt and Frantisek Ninger promoted the spa specialisation in healing the upper and lower air passages and understood the significance of the local spring water inhalation.
After 1948 spa healing was underrated and many bath houses became simply accommodation facilities. However in 1956 Spa Luhacovice was recognised internationally and on May 1, 1992 the Spa Luhacovice was privatised and once again resumed its old traditions. Today for healing the spring is used as well as other hydrogen-carbonate-chloride-sodium acidulous waters. For drinking purposes Vincentka, Aloiska and Ottovka are the most suitable mineral waters. Other well-known springs are Gejzir, Elektra, Janovka, Jubilejm, Amandka, Antoninka, etc. Others are used for carbonate bathing. Luhacovice waters contain mainly sodium and in lesser amounts of calcium and magnesium, anions are represented by chlorine and, carbonic acid, bromine and iodine and among gases there is mainly free carbon tetrachloride. There are many fountains: one of them is the Stone Fountain in the spa park in front of the Jestrabi House, the work of Zdenek Houdek from 1984. In front of Smetana House there is a Brussels Fountain - made by Kavan for Expo 58 - it was brought to Lazenske Square in 1960.
In Luhacovice the treatment focuses on air passages and the digestive system and metabolism disorders (especially diabetes), oncological problems, locomotors system disorders and circulatory disorders. The spa treats adults as well as children (the children have had their own sanatorium since 1951). The main method of healing is drinking, inhalation, peat wraps, bathing, massages, paraffin wraps, magnetic therapy, oxygen therapy and breathing and rehabilitation exercises.